Invisalign works by using a series of trays that gradually shift the teeth to straighten them. The aligners are clear and hardly noticeable, making them an excellent option for both teens and adults that want a more discreet orthodontic option. Dr. Amber Robertson and Dr. Chris Robertson, from the Chattanooga Dental Studio, provide this overview of Invisalign and how it works.
THE INVISALIGN TREATMENT PROCESS
The first step is a consultation with your dentist to determine if you are a candidate for Invisalign. After that, you will have a digital scan of your mouth to create a customized treatment plan, which is 3-D images of your teeth that maps out the movement of your teeth over time. These images are then used to develop the aligners that you will need to move your teeth to the desired position. You will gradually move to the next set of aligners about every two weeks until your treatment is complete.
Invisalign uses a patented thermoplastic design that controls the force and the timing of the force to straighten the teeth. During each stage, only a few teeth are moved at a time based on your individual treatment plan.
WHAT DENTAL ISSUES CAN INVISALIGN FIX?
Invisalign can treat a myriad of dental issues. Not only will your teeth look amazing, but Invisalign corrects problems that can lead to poor dental health, including:
- Eliminating gaps that can cause periodontal disease.
- Correcting overbites and underbites that stress the jaw and can lead to painful joint problems.
- Alter crowded teeth which are hard to clean and can lead to tooth decay and periodontal disease.
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
There are many benefits of Invisalign clear aligners, including:
- They are practically invisible, and most people won’t even notice that you are wearing the aligners!
- Cleaning your teeth and maintaining proper oral hygiene is easy because the aligners are removable.
- You can continue eating your favorite foods without worrying about damaging your orthodontics because you remove them when you eat.
- The polyurethane plastic aligners provide more comfort than the metal brackets and wires of traditional braces.
- The clear aligners act like a nightguard, so Invisalign will help keep your teeth safe if you grind your teeth.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION WITH CHATTANOOGA DENTAL STUDIO TODAY!
If you have more questions about Invisalign or want to schedule an appointment, contact us. Our team will be happy to answer all of your questions. You can also schedule an appointment online.
The Chattanooga Dental Studio is also an emergency dentist, so if you need immediate treatment, contact us. We also offer many other services, such as teeth whitening and dentures, so contact our office if you’d like to schedule a consultation for other dental needs.
We look forward to helping you with all of your dental needs!